How volunteers can help Music to Cure MS bring in an audience this year, and build future audiences:
1) Become our Public Relations Manager.
We've won a small grant from the Arlington branch of the Massachusetts Cultural Council, earmarked for publicity, but we don't know the best way to spend it. Music to Cure MS needs a PR / Publicity manager able to take over and coordinate this project.
2) Take on one Publicity task:
- Spread the word on social-networking sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, Yelp, Meetup, Yammer, Going, Twitter, WhoFish... or advertise on Craigslist... Look for more social-networking sites to join, and send out invitations and information about the concert.
- Spread the word through local and community outlets (e.g. your church or temple, your social club, your office, your gym, your club...) Put up flyers, put info in club newsletters, tell your friends face-to-face... Find public bulletin boards, such as those listed in Somerville, or look for them at your library, your grocery store...
- Contact classical music organizations or schools like The New England Opera Club , the New England Gilbert & Sullivan Society, Longwood Opera, New England Conservatory of Music, Boston College, Longy School of Music, Berklee School of Music... )
- Arrange to get the event covered by as many local print venues as possible by (e.g. the Boston Globe Calendar, The Boston Herald, the Community Tabs) by watching for publication deadlines and sending press releases at the right time.
- Arrange to get the event covered by as many TV, radio, and news outlets as possible by creating and sending Public Service Announcements
- Arrange for publicity in local Community Broadcasting stations - e.g. The Arlington Community Network, Cambridge Community Television ... These stations are often hungry for content: create an interview or program, or prepare to videotape this year's concert to show next year!
- Be the designer or creater of appropriate graphics for flyers, posters, Constant Contact emails, print ads, and this web site
- print out the flyers, posters, or post cards and share them: put them up on bulletin boards & store windows, leave them at your church or other regular gathering space, mail them to friends, share them with club members... think of other places...
- Offer suggestions for improvement of this web site!
(contact Marion for more information)
Join a mailing list!